Monday 13 August 2007

Facebook - The art of deception

I really love the possibilities the internet & online world does give us. Freedom of speech and opinions, staying in touch with family and friends (in 2000 I started my very first blog - in real HTML hand coding ) - and business of cause too, would be quite sad if this would not be the case as I am running a Internet and SEO company for over 3 years now...

Anyway - the point is - what ever you do online - be careful and know what you are doing (at least to a certain point!)

I am watching Facebook for some time now and find it is getting more and more dangerous. It is not the fun of sharing information and pictures any more. Am I the only one wondering what one _could_ do with all this information? Where A has meet B, where the rest of your family lives, that your status says you are out - giving person C the idea you might not bee at home... mmhhhh what if that person is "up to no good"?

While writing this I remembered a book which I had got from a friend about 4 years ago - "The art of deception"- "The Art of Deception is about gaining someone's trust by lying to them and then abusing that trust for fun and profit." Is nobody worried about security anymore?

Also I find it rather destructive when you do not want to use facebook to its "fullest" . People which you have meet in the last 20 years want to be friends with you - you turn them down or only allow restrictive access to your profile - they are upset! Do I now have to write apologies to all my friends?

Why would you want to broadcast your CV (and by this I mean a very, very detailed CV) to everybody in the online world? I for myself don't want to know everything about everybody - but I will admit to a certain curiosity ;)

1 comment:

Guri said...

Thanks for sharing this great article with us. To find the best institutes visit our website studies24.studies24.